Teeth Whitening is the #1 requested dental service. Over the years there have been a number of different systems used to whiten and brighten patient’s teeth.
Some of these systems are not healthy for patients. Teeth become “neon” or tissue white but are dehydrated and damaged in the process. These systems are also inefficient in a dental practice setting.
As a results dental practices and professionals started sending patient to the local drug store to purchase over-the-counter whitening solutions.
The downside of these systems is that teeth are not brightened or whitened at all. This is because these products must use a take home use gel which has an extremely low level of peroxide.
The solution for dental practices is to bring a system into their practice that combines exactly what they and their patient’s need.
Once a proper whitening system is in place Dentists and dental professionals can have up front discussions with patients about a healthy and effective way to have a brighter and whiter smile.
Below are four ways to diagnose and present healthy teeth whitening options to your patients.
What Smiles Brighten & Whiten?
- A & B Shades Whiten
- Yellow Teeth Whiten
- All Teeth Brighten
Set Patient Expectations
- Brighter Smile – Enamel prisms are cleaned out allowing more light to show a bright smile.
- Whiter Smile – Patients will see a whiter shade. Dramatic results can happen, but a whiter smile requires maintenance.
How to offer whitening to patients?
- First: Discuss the Whitening options offered by your office.
- Then: Mention that Smile Perfected is an excellent value addition to their hygiene cleaning appointment.
- Lastly: Explain the beneﬁts. Patients receive both a brighter and whiter in-office treatment and a take-home whitening pen to maintain and improve their smile.
Best Patient Offering Phrases?
- “Would you like a Brighter and Whiter Smile in just 20 minutes, without sensitivity, for only $99?” | Use your offices price but market research shows patient’s say yes under $100.
- “What color would you like your crown to be?” | Opens discussion with patient about whitening teeth before crown is made.
- “Would you like to brighten your smile after your cleaning appointment?” | Combining cost effective whitening to other services enhances patient experience.
About Smile Perfected
- The best time to whiten a patient’s smile is right after dental cleaning. This is the Prophy Plus experience.
- Smile Perfected is a great value for most patients who want a brighter and whiter smile.
Smile Perfected is the perfect combination of in-office and take home whitening
When dental offices offer Smile Perfected their patients receive the best combination of teeth whitening.
After a patient’s in-office cleaning Smile Perfected is used to whitening their smile. This is the most effective time to whiten teeth since the teeth are clean and ready to be whitened.
Since all teeth fade back the patient receives a free and safe take-home whitening pen to maintain their beautiful smile until their next appointment.
Healthy white and bright smiles is all about maintenance over time.